[Gala-l] Corpus linguistics (and gender) - mooc

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:51:23 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I hope this email finds the IGALA community well!

I am writing to advertise an online MOOC in corpus linguistics, organized
by Lancaster University on the platform Future Learn. Some of you might
have already followed the MOOC (this is the 5th edition) - We have added
new contents, so feel free to register again! You can be anywhere in the
world and watch the videos/read the transcripts when you have time.

If you haven't done it already and you are interested in working on (or
just getting familiar with) corpus linguistics, then this is the right
course for you! We will go step by step starting from the basics and
progressing into more advanced functions.

There will also be discussion on gender! And I am sure you will find this
course useful for your own research.

This is the link - have a look and see if this is something you might like:

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/corpus-linguistics

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Have a nice day,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Researcher in Language and Gender

Member Advisory Council *IGALA* (International Gender and Language
Association)

(Under contract) Formato, F. (2018) Gender, Ideology and Discourse in
Italian. Palgrave Macmillan

You can find more info about my research here:
*http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato
<http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato>*