[Gala-l] Journal of Language and Discrimination

Lucy Jones Lucy.Jones at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 11:14:07 UTC 2017

From: "Valerie Hall" <vhall at equinoxpub.com<mailto:vhall at equinoxpub.com>>
Subject: announcement for IGALA members

I would be very grateful if you could circulate an announcement about our new journal to the IGALA membership. The text of the message is below.

Many thanks

Valerie Hall
Equinox

EQUINOX have just published the first issue of our new Journal of Language and Discrimination edited by Isabelle van der Bom<mailto:I.V.Bom at shu.ac.uk> (SheffieldHallam University), Sara Mills<mailto:S.L.Mills at shu.ac.uk> (Sheffield Hallam University) and Laura Paterson<mailto:laura.paterson at open.ac.uk> (The Open University)

SCHOLARS: Don’t forget to download the Equinox Linguistics app for advance information and special offers on books and journals! https://guidebook.com/app/Equinox/guide/equinox-linguistics/

Contents of issue 1.1:

Editorial<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/34362>

Isabelle van der Bom , Sara Mills , Laura L. Paterson

Articles
The banality of evil : crystallised structures of cisnormativity and tactics of resistance in a Brazilian gender clinic<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/33354>

Rodrigo Borba , Tommaso M. Milani

Towards a critical stylistics of disability<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/34022>

Rod Hermeston

Sex doesn't matter? The problematic status of sex, misogyny, and hate<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/33114>

Jennifer Anne Sloan Rainbow

Transgender language reform : some challenges and strategies for promoting trans-affirming, gender-inclusive language<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/33139>

Lal Zimman

Book Reviews
Palestinian Political Discourse between Exile and Occupation By E. Badarin (2016) London: Routledge, 214pp.<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/33842>

Peter E. Jones

Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination By M. E. Kite and B. E. Whitley, Jr (3rd edn, 2016) New York & Abingdon: Routledge, 744pp.<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/34204>

Maggie Scott

Indigenous Language Media, Language Politics and Democracy in Africa Edited by A. Salawu and M. B. Chibita (2016) Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 262pp.<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/34014>

Ross Graham

Religion in the Media: A Linguistic Analysis By S. Al-Azami (2016) Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 234pp.<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/JLD/article/view/34164>

Khaled A. Al-Anbar

University of Nottingham.