[Gala-l] IGALA BLOG

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:38:20 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well!

I have published the latest (and my last) post on the IGALA blog, you can
read it here:
http://igalaweb.wixsite.com/igala/single-post/2019/01/22/IGALA-form-personal-to-community-perspectives
.
In the post you will find the responses we have received to a survey
disseminated last summer. Thank you to those who sent their answers and
helped to improve the IGALA community.

I hope you do not mind if I do a bit of self-promotion too. My book
"Gender, Ideology and Discourse in italian" was published last October and
I would be delighted if anyone from the IGALA community would be interested
in reviewing it. If you are interested, you can find more info on how to
receive a book review copy hereç
https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783319965550 (or you can contact me!)

The book deals with grammatical gender in Italian providing an overview of
how it is (mis)used in relation to social gender. It also investigates
language used by female politicians or employed to refer to them in
newspapers. Chapter 5 is dedicated to the examination of language and
violence against women in the media and in the Italian parliament.

I wish all the best to the new Advisory Board and president elect Claire!

Best wishes,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Lecturer in Sociolinguistics, University of Brighton

Researcher in Language and Gender

Formato, F. (2018) Gender, Ideology and Discourse in Italian.
<https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783319965550> Palgrave Macmillan. See
leaflet here
<https://www.springer.com/us/product-marketing-tool/flyer/9783319965550?downloadType=BOOKSELLERFLYER>

You can find more info about my research here:
*http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato
<http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato>*