[Gala-l] SLA 2020 Presents Keynote Speakers

Kira Hall kira.hall at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 14 16:36:11 UTC 2019

The SLA 2020 Steering Committee, together with the Program for Culture, Language, and Social Practice (CLASP), is pleased to announce the keynote speakers for our upcoming Society for Linguistic Anthropology 2020 Spring Conference<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/meetings/2020-spring-conference-society-linguistic-anthropology/>, Future Imperfect: Language in Times of Crisis and Hope. Our internationally acclaimed speakers represent institutions across the Americas, bringing with them a diversity of expertise and experience in linguistic anthropology. We hope that you will join our keynotes at SLA 2020, to be held at the Hiltons on Canyon in Boulder, Colorado, April 2-5, 2020.

SLA 2020 Keynote Speakers:
Letícia Cesarino, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Michel DeGraff, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Angela Reyes, City University of New York
Virginia Zavala, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú

Learn more about our distinguished speakers here<http://linguisticanthropology.org/sla-2020-keynote-speakers/>.

The submission portal<https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/loginsso.asp?EventKey=HBBTILVQ> for SLA 2020 is open for conference registration and/or proposal submission. Abstracts for panels, papers, roundtables, and posters are due by 3:00 pm Eastern Time on Monday, December 2, 2019. Panel abstracts are limited to 500 words; paper abstracts to 250 words.

Registration with the AAA is free. Fees for the SLA conference are as follows:
USD 130.00 for SLA Professional Members
USD 150.00 for Non-SLA Professional Members
USD 50.00 for SLA Student Members
USD 70.00 for Non-SLA Student Members

For specific information on how to register and submit an abstract, please consult our Call for Papers<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/meetings/2020-spring-conference-society-linguistic-anthropology/> on the SLA website. All other information about the conference, including the CLASP Graduate Student Paper Competition, can also be found on the SLA 2020 website<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/meetings/2020-spring-conference-society-linguistic-anthropology/>. For additional inquiries, please contact the conference organizers at slaboulder at gmail.com<mailto:slaboulder at gmail.com>.

We look forward to seeing you in Boulder!

******
Kira Hall, Professor
Departments of Linguistics and Anthropology
Associate Chair of Undergraduate Studies, Linguistics
Director, Program in Culture, Language, and Social Practice<https://www.colorado.edu/program/clasp/> (CLASP)
Director, The Literacy Practicum<https://www.colorado.edu/linguistics/literacy-practicum>
University of Colorado Boulder