[Gala-l] ICJS Cybercrime Seminar Series - University of Portsmouth (UK)

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:45:22 UTC 2019

I am sharing with you a message from Dr Tranchese.

Dear All,

Please, find below details for a seminar on Technological facilitated
sexual violence that will take place at the University of Portsmouth on
November 6th.

There will be a keynote from Dr Anastasia Powell (MRIT Australia) who has
done extensive research on the topic of online sexual violence and talk on
the language of cybersexism. The latter will present the findings of a
research project carried out by the School of Languages and Applied
Linguistics (Dr Alessia Tranchese)  and the Institute of Criminal Justice
(Dr Lisa Sugiura) at the University of Portsmouth.

All welcome. The event is free to attend, but you will need to register
using this link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cybercrime-seminar-series-no-3-technology-facilitated-sexual-violence-tickets-75997070283.
Further details are available below.

Best wishes,

Alessia

--

*ICJS Cybercrime Seminar Series *- November 6th, 3-5pm, Room 3.17, St
Michael's Building

*Theme: Technological facilitated sexual violence*This seminar presents two
talks from current feminist interdisciplinary research concerning digital
technologies. As digital technologies have increasingly permeated
contemporary society that have significantly altered how we live and
communicate. Alongside the many benefits of a networked world there are
also sinister implications, including the growth of technology facilitated
sexual violence, providing new and unprecedented ways to oppress
marginalized groups, reinforce patriarchal controls, and disseminate
hatred.

If you wish to attend the seminar, you can register here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cybercrime-seminar-series-no-3-technology-facilitated-sexual-violence-tickets-75997070283

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Lecturer in Sociolinguistics, University of Brighton

Researcher in Language and Gender

Formato, F. (2018) Gender, Ideology and Discourse in Italian.
<https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783319965550> Palgrave Macmillan. See
leaflet here
<https://www.springer.com/us/product-marketing-tool/flyer/9783319965550?downloadType=BOOKSELLERFLYER>

You can find more info about my research here:
*http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato
<http://federicaformato.wixsite.com/federicaformato>*