[gothic-l] Re: Ostrogoths and Eagles

jrose at EFN.ORG jrose at EFN.ORG
Mon Dec 11 01:07:18 UTC 2000

The tribe of Dan was represented by an Eagle. Some conect the Danites
with the Danes. Dan means "judge" the Judges in the Torah were the
Nazarites. Albsalom was a Nazarite who led the rebellion of the ten
tribes against Judah. I suspect he deliberatly hung himself in a tree
by his long hair so he could travel to the Afterlife, the future as
to see another way, other then killing his father, King David, as
many Seers thought he must. While hanging in the tree, David's
general pierced him in the side with a lance. The simlilarities
between the worship of Baal-el and Wodin, are almost identical. The
Nazarites came to rule in the temple just before its fall. Queen
Berenice and he husband/brother took the oath of the Nazarite, as did
Saint Paul who is now being identifed as kin to the Herodians and
thus the Macaabees, who some say are kin to the Merovingian Kings and
King David. Berenice, one of the last of the Macaabees, married Titus
Flavius, thus the Byzantyne empire took root, it furthered by
Constantine Flavius, and Theodorick Flavius who some say descends
from the Merovingians.

I have posted much evidence on a Davidic Bloodline as put forth in
the book 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail'. I have posted a theory that
Arthuri Flavius 'King of Lombards' was King Arthur, he sent there by
emperor Maurice to look after Roman Anglo/Saxon interests during the
Saxon invasions.

I also study 'The White Goddess' by Robert Graves, he saying refugess
from Troy came to Britain, they kin to Gomer, the Cimmerins, and the
Marcomani Kings. There is a genealogy on Priam. I am putting together
a theory that David's son, Adonijah (Adoni, Adonis) was the Trojan
Aeneas who co-founded Carthage with Dido, daughter of King Belus the
Phoenucian, also named, Elisha. Hannibal may be descended from these
famous lovers, and is my candidate for Wodin, Hannibal loosing an eye
in battle, he allying himself with the Burgundians, who are Romans
who may have been loyal to Mark Anthony who lived in Septamania.
Vergil also wrote 'The Messiac' in anticipation of a child about to
be born to Mark Anthony and Cleopatra. Adoni and John the Baptist
were Nazarites, thus the double eagle? The 'Sons of Thunder' were two
twins that sat at Jesus's right hand and left hand, and were
Gentiles. He may have formed a Nazarite Government in Europe of
Britain.

I am a mythographer, at least. You will find my posts at:
Rennes-le-chateau at egroup.com

I took the liberty to post some of your posts here. I will not bother
this group again, and will just listen-in.

Jon

  --- In gothic-l at egroups.com, keth at o... wrote:
> Dirk wrote:
> >I think the vikings are of little significance here. The Goths (and
> >other tribes) were certainly no vikings are proto-vikings.
> >Theoderic's aim was not to appear as a viking plunderer but as a
Roman
> >aristocrat, who ruled Italy legitimately. His coins are good
evidence
> >for this, as  he tried to connect to Roman traditions, even
aluring to
> >the Roman republic and its virutes.
>
> Hello Dirk,
>
> I get the impression you are more into this period than I am.
> With respect to the above, I was wondering what you meant by
> "legitimately". Do you mean that they wanted to rule according
> to Roman law? I am asking, because later, with the Langobards
> there seem to have existed a special "Langobard law" that
> presumably differed from the older Roman law.
>
> The vikings may of course very well have preserved earlier
> symbolism. On Vendel helm plaques you see, for example,
> warriors dressed in wolves hides. In later skaldic poetry
> you hear about "Ulfhednar" (=wolf warriors) and Snorri
> describes "berserks" (=warriors who went absolutely raving
> mad)
>
> I do not know how "civilized" the Romans were either.
> They often strangled prisoners of war in temples dedicated
> to their gods, and you also hear about cruel torture,
> whereas your description seems to describe them as
> compleat gentlemen (today politically correct =
> big smile on TV)
>
> The Romans also punished populations collectively
> (called decimation). Why would a viking raid be any
> different from this? Well, of course the Roman state
> apparatus seems to have done a better job of keeping
> the peace, so that its citizens had a much greater
> feeling of social security than the barbarians from
> across the Limes had.
>

> Keth

eLerts