[gothic-l] Re: The Langobards on Gotland -- and gothic proto-vikings..

Tim O'Neill scatha at BIGPOND.COM
Wed Dec 13 03:04:43 UTC 2000

--- In gothic-l at egroups.com, "M. Carver" <matt at i...> wrote:
> on 12/12/00 12:28 PM, Tim O'Neill at scatha at b... wrote:
>
> > As set out in the discredited 'Holy Blood' etc - see
> > above.
> >
> > I'm still wondering what all this New Age speculation
> > has to do with the Goths.
> >
> > Tim O'Neill
>

> Thanks Tim. I agree whole-heartedly. Not only does it burden Gothic-
> L subscribers with off-topic threads but could be better served on
> the Germanic-L I think, and among its members more thoroughly
> discussed.

Actually Matt, as the list owner of Germanic-L, I'd say very little
of what I've seen in these posts is relevant to that group either.
Discussion of the early Germanic peoples from prehistory to 800 AD is
welcome there, but anyone who starts waffling about the Priory of
Sion or whacko Knights Templar theories will be quickly directed to a
forum where such fringe 'esoterica' is accepted.  And if they persist
they will be quickly bumped.
Cheers,

Tim O'Neill

Get info by phone: it's fast & easy. Call 800-555-TELL.
   Sports, stocks, driving directions...& much more!