[gothic-l] Re: TRANS: I Love You / Mistaken

Brian Beck babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU
Tue Jun 27 22:35:53 UTC 2000

--- In gothic-l at egroups.com, "M. Carver" <mcarver at c...> wrote:

> Giuseppe Pagliarulo wrote:
> >
> > Sarah Patton wrote:
> >
> > >i have a question how do you say "I love You" and "mistaken" in
> > gothic
> > >language?
> >
> > Probably _þuk frijo_ and _franumans_.
> >
> > Iosef Strawarila
>
> or, _franumana_, if referring to a feminine noun. For instance, I'm
not
> suggesting that this is relating to yourself at all, but just
hypothetically
> let's say you wanted to say "i was mistaken". As a female (assuming
again),
> you would say "Franumana was." or "Ik was franumana." As a male,
these become
> respectively "Franumans was." and "Ik was franumans." Of course, I
don't have
> much for franiman. Frankly, though, Koebler doesn't have this
meaning
> for this
> word. I suggest for to be mistaken "uswiss usmitan":
> I was in error, "(Ik) uswiss usmat.

Would "aírzeis im"(masc) "aírzja im" (fem) also be a
possibility?

Brian Beck

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: