R: [gothic-l] TRANS: I Love You / Mistaken

Giuseppe Pagliarulo g.pagliarulo at TIN.IT
Wed Jun 28 08:34:26 UTC 2000

Matþaius melida

Of course, I don't have
>much for franiman. Frankly, though, Koebler doesn't have this meaning
>for this
>word. I suggest for to be mistaken "uswiss usmitan":
>I was in error, "(Ik) uswiss usmat.

Ouch! you're right. Franiman actually means "to receive".
But I think we already have the attested _airzeis wairþan/wisan_ for
"to be in error", so "I was mistaken" would possibily be _ik
airzeis/airzi warþ/was_.

Iosef Strawarila

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: