[gothic-l] Germanic Migrations

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Fri Nov 3 15:56:29 UTC 2000

Dirk,

In my opinion the three categories are

1) historian
2) archaelogist
3) linguist

Of course linguists have their importance and
as a matter of fact their methods often can learn
historians and archaeologists one or two things.
The linguistic material you present are of course
interesting but I think you are drawing to wide
conclusions from them. To be of real value
they have to be combined with the views of
historians and archaelogists. It would be interesting
to know if any of the material you are introducing
has found its way into history books in England
and Germany. I can assure you that it hasn't in Sweden.
You may well call me speculator if you want, I still
think historic research counts, and counts importantly.

Germanically

Bertil