[gothic-l] Germanic-L now open for business

Tim O'Neill scatha at BIGPOND.COM
Fri Nov 3 23:06:01 UTC 2000

The new Germanic-L mailing list has been established.  You can find
the list's e-groups main page at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/Germanic-L

The (bare) beginnings of the group's home page can be found at:

http://pages.ancientsites.com/~Thiudareiks_Flavius/germanic-l.html

though all that's there at the moment is a subscription form.  I'll
be working on adding more to it over the next few days.

Of course, anyone who wants to continue general discussion of the
early Germanic peoples here on Gothic-: are still free to do so, but
I hope those of us here who are interested in such general discussion
will also sign up to Germanic-L.  Your support in joining and
promoting Germanic-L will be greatly appreciated.

I toyed with several names for the list, but decided that Germanic-L
was shortest and simplest.  I hope others agree, because that's one
thing I can't go back and change!  (The "-L" on 'Germanic-L" is
for 'list' rather than 'language' BTW) Other suggestions for the
parameters for discussion, scope of the group and other such issues
are very welcome, though probably best done on Germanic-L rather than
here.

First of all I need suggestions for the name of the Germanic-L home
page.  This page will be one of the 'public faces' of Germanic-L and
once it's in working order I'll be submitting it to search engines and
signing it up to some web-rings to ensure we get a steady flow of new
members.  I was thinking of giving it a Primitive Germanic name - any
suggestions?  Eventually it will have archives of the group, a links
page and access to featured posts, book reviews and articles by
Germanic-L members.  Other suggestions for the home page are also very
welcome.

See you all on Germanic-L.
Cheers,

Tim O'Neill