[gothic-l] '*Thiudawordaz'/'*Thiudaiworda'?(crosspost)

Tim O'Neill scatha at BIGPOND.COM
Mon Nov 6 09:13:08 UTC 2000

Tim O'Neill wrote:

[snip]

> My problem is the name.  At this stage the site is called
> '*Thiudawordaz' which was my guess at Primitive Germanic for 'People
> Words'.  But I think the meaning I was really after was more 'Words
> of the People/Tribe', which I'm guessing would be something like
> '*Thiudaiworda'.
>
> Can any linguists help me with this?

Hmmm, no responses.  Seriously folks, any help on this will be
greatly appreciated.  I can't finish the site until I get its title
right and I'd hate for Germanic-L's site to have a name that's
liguistically creaky.

Is it 'Thiudaiworda' or have I got it totally wrong?
Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.
Cheers,

Tim O'Neill

eGroups eLerts