[gothic-l] '*Thiudawordaz'/'*Thiudaiworda'?(crosspost)

Tim O'Neill scatha at BIGPOND.COM
Sun Nov 5 05:48:24 UTC 2000

[Crossposted from Germanic-L]

I've made a start on the Germanic-L Home Page:

http://pages.ancientsites.com/~Thiudareiks_Flavius/germanic-l.html

The beta version is a little graphics heavy, but the finished version
should load a bit faster.  The ivory plaque in the middle of the
montage at the top of the page will also eventually have a scrolling
message and some historical texts in Germanic languages.

My problem is the name.  At this stage the site is called
'*Thiudawordaz' which was my guess at Primitive Germanic for 'People
Words'.  But I think the meaning I was really after was more 'Words
of the People/Tribe', which I'm guessing would be something like
'*Thiudaiworda'.

Can any linguists help me with this?

Tim O'Neill