[gothic-l] Re: first person &runes + Scandinavia

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 7 16:13:06 UTC 2000

<<As I have earlier pointed out the Roman name for the present day

Scandinavia was Thule.

Tore>>

I don't have my sources in front of me, but I was under the impression that
exactly what the Romans meant by Thule was not as clear cut as all that. It's
an island, and it's on the ends of the earth. I've seen many sources say it's
Iceland or the Orkneys... granted these are probably later traditions, but do
we have any way of knowing that they're wrong?

-JDM

eGroups eLerts