[gothic-l] Scandinavia and Scania Nos 2 - 6

john gregory presco jrose at EFN.ORG
Wed Nov 8 20:28:07 UTC 2000

Pardon me if I come in on a group I have not posted on, or been following
for very long, but I am looking for the island the Langobards are said to
have come from. My 'Smith's Bible Dictionary' has the Hebrew word Ashkenaz
"spreading fire" meaning Scand-ia, Scand-inavia. "Knobel considers that
the Ashkenaz is to be identified with the German race." The Lombards are
said to be Germans. Ashkenaz was one of the three sons of Gomer, son of
Japhet.

JGP

eGroups eLerts