[gothic-l] Hyskos, Scythians, and Scots

John Presco jrose at EFN.ORG
Fri Nov 10 17:40:47 UTC 2000

Thank all for your in depth responce to my intitial questions. They
have been most helpful, and pertinent to my study. I am a poet and
mythographer who has been studying Robert Grave's 'The White Goddess'
for over three years. I understand he is not an historian or athourity
on ancient civilizations, but I have found his study of the Bards and
Welsh poets very helpful in understanding some Biblical mysteries I
have been looking at. This is an excellant group, and I do not want
to digress into topics that are not revelant to your interests;
therefore, let me know (politely) if I crossover the line.

Graves says on page 238 of the WG "At the end of the third millinium
B.C., and Indo-European tribal confederacy - part of a huge horde
from central Asia that overran the whole of Asia Minor, Greece, Italy
and Northern Mesopotania - marched down from Armenia into Syria,
thense into Syria and Canaan, gathering allies as it went. Some
tribes under rulers known to the Egyptians as the HYKSOS broke into
Egypt about 1800 B.C. and were expelled with difficulty two centuries
later."

Graves identifies the Hyskos as the SCYTHIANS. Some scholars are
identifying the Scythians as the original Jews. A group of Scottish
nobles claim they are descended from the Scythians in the 'Arbroath'
a letter they wrote to the Pope. The Tocharian are said to wear
plaid, similar to the Scots. Aeneas, the founder of Rome, and lover
to Dido (also, Elisha) founder of Carthage, is said to have been kin
to the Trojans, and the Scythians.

the 'Arbroath'
http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/home/scotland/arbroath_english.html

Has anyone read 'Hromund's Saga'? Hromund comes to France on a Viking
raid and is shown the barrel of a Frankish King, a Drauger, who is
the living-dead, an immortal? He is also a BERSERK, which the
translator in his notes say means "bear's coat" or shirt. Did the
Franks ever invade the Norselands? I am finding some similarities in
this story, and the history of the Langobards, to some Grail Legends.
I am wondering if the ASHKINAZ, possibly the nomadic SCYTHIANS, are
the link to many legends, myths, and actual history. What the posters
are doing in this group is putting many pieces of the puzzle in
place. Any leads to books on the Langobards would be appreciated.

Jon Presco

eLerts