[gothic-l] Another homepage suggestion . . .

john gregory presco jrose at EFN.ORG
Sat Nov 18 02:37:11 UTC 2000

I'm sorry. I left out the most mysterious aspect of these notes, Authuri,
Theodoric, and the Visagoth Kings of Spain, were given the title 'Flavius'
by emperor Maurice, raising them to the imperial dignity. It appears the
Byzantines were still pulling strings. Emperor Constantine also was given
the title 'Flavius'. Berenice, the last Maccabean Queen of Jerusalem
married Titus, son of Vespasian Flavius. Charlemagne took the title 'King
of the Lombards'. Did he wear the purple?

Jon

eLerts