[gothic-l] Re: Was the Heruli a little tribe?

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Tue Nov 21 13:21:26 UTC 2000

> ..and in fact I think
> that Bible Argentus may have been a work made for the Herulian Duke
> of Bavaria that died in 535 AD.

Hi Bengt,

I have never heard of a Herulian Duke of Bavaria who died in 535AD. Do
you have a source for this. At this time Theodo II was king of the
Bavarians (+537AD). The father of Theodo II, claimed to be a decendent
of Theoderic the Great, thus the name,  but who wouldn't.

greetings
Dirk

In this
> case we should find out from where the Heruli came and that can not
> be only from Fyn or Zealand, I think
> cheers
>  catshaman

I totall