SV: SV: [gothic-l] Your opinions on this site...

Munkhammar Lars lars.munkhammar at UB.UU.SE
Tue Oct 3 09:32:00 UTC 2000

Sorry, Sig, I missed your first notice about Wiener's book of 1915. Now I
have it in front of me (the book). I can also see in our library catalogue,
that Wiener was born in 1862, so he is almost 140 years old. I have been
kicking a man, who isn't able to get up. However, his ideas are still living
through this midhnottsol site, so he may be worth a warning. The book was
published by Harvard University Press - not exactly in secret. There must
have been a debate about it. Does anybody know anything about that?

Keth, Codex argenteus is not on-line, but perhaps it may be one day. All the
text is digitized via the facsimile edition of 1927 by David Landau; see his
article under: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~dla/gothic.html

Lars

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: sig [mailto:sigmund at algonet.se]
Skickat: den 3 oktober 2000 01:19
Till: gothic-l at egroups.com
Ämne: Re: SV: [gothic-l] Your opinions on this site...

Again,

Am I the only one to notice that this book from Harvard came out of press
1915!?
(Which goes a long way to explain why it is "a public domain" work). The
litt. referrencies
are none from even the 20th century..

Sig

> I'd like to add that it is not enough to be a professor at Harvard.
> Do you for example know in which Department at Harvard he is professor?
>
> Best regards
> Keth

You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a blank email
to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.