gothic net bible, Re: [gothic-l] Your opinions on this site...

keth at ONLINE.NO keth at ONLINE.NO
Tue Oct 3 19:48:24 UTC 2000

Thanks for the reference Francisc!

>The entire Codex Argenteus, together with the Skeireins and the minor
>Gothic texts, are available on-line and for download on the "Wulfila
>Project" website (http://extranet.ufsia.ac.be/wulfila/).
>The translation of Genesis in Gothic, made by M. Carver, can be found
>on the "Gotish Bible Restoration Project" site
>(http://www.stormloader.com/carver/gutrazda/brp.html)
>
>Francisc
>
>--- In gothic-l at egroups.com, keth at o... wrote:

>> PS Can anybody tell me whether the entire Cod. Arg. is now on-line
>> or is it just a part of it?
>>
>> Another question: Has any one tried to translate the first two
>> chapters of Genesis to Gothic? Would one run into problems
>> with words? Or do the existing vocabularies already cover the
>> words needed to translate Genesis from (say) Greek to Gothic?
>> I would be interested in seeing a Gothic translation of
>> Genesis 1 and 2.

Then that is good news! I guess I should ask Matthew then,
if he was able to find all the words in the existing
genuine texts, or whether some words had to be constructed
for the purpose.

(great job by the way!)

Best regards
Keth

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"