SV: [gothic-l] Your opinions on this site...

Magnus Hreinn Snaedal hreinn at ISMAL.HI.IS
Wed Oct 4 10:07:50 UTC 2000

The Gothic (main) manuscripts are:

Codex Argenteus (Fragments of the Gospels)

The palimpsets:
Cod. Ambrosianus A (Fragments of the Pauline Epist. from Romans to Philemon)
Cod. Ambrosianus B (Fragments of the Pauline Epist. form 1 Cor to Titus)
Cod. Ambrosianus C (Fragments of Matthew)
Cod. Ambrosianus D (Fragments of Nehemiah)
Cod. Ambrosianus E (Fragments of the Skeireins)
Cod. Carolinus (Fragments of Romans)

Codd. Ambrosiani A and B overlap, Cod. Ambr. and Cod. Car. overlap, Cod.
Argenteus and Cod. Ambr. C overlap. But there is not much difference.
The only editions that print the parallel text in parallel columns are
Streitberg's (7. edition, 2000) and my own (accompanying my concordance
from 1998). Other editions note the differences in the apparatus.
All these text are on the biola website (as far as I can see), ecept The
Skeireins, of course.

M.Sn.

>Ambrosianus A and B, those are indeed the ones I found!
>Are those "parts of" the Wulfila text - or are they independent sources?
>If there are overlaps, in what ways do they differ?
>
>I'll do some more reading now. But why don't you submit your version
>to the biola website? (it could be grouped with the "modern" translations)
>
>Keth

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Click here and you can even personalize these quotes.