R: [gothic-l] Gen. 3

M. Carver matt at INVISIONSTUDIOSINC.COM
Wed Oct 18 19:27:56 UTC 2000

on 10/18/00 5:51 AM, Giuseppe Pagliarulo at g.pagliarulo at tin.it wrote:

> Hails!
> That was perfect!:)
> The only improvement I can suggest is a revision of the articoloid's*
> distribution when referring to the "ophis archaios". You use it in the
> first case but omit it  in the following occurrences...
>
> *Since there seems to be no agreement about the right label for sa,
> so, thata I'm wildly anglicizing the term Italian textbooks use for
> it.
>
> Iosef Strawarila

That's a great term. :)

Now I'm having second thoughts about my work, now that it is morning and I
have seen it again. I wonder:

1. to what extent should the articuloid be used at all, with "qens",
"manna", "waurms", "frauja {sa} guth", etc.?

2. should the word "adam" be kept or translated as "mann(a)(n)"? In the
first case, I would have to include an articuloid with it to show its case
in certain places (i.e. dative especially); in the second case this is
simplified, but you don't hear the word "adam" which might be important to
the story.

Matþaius

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
Call 1-800-555-TELL and hear everything. For info visit: