[gothic-l] Eruli

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Thu Oct 19 17:28:54 UTC 2000

Dirk,

Thanks for the link. I think I have the explanation
for the Prokopios Vandal mistake. Many classical
authors thought that the Goths belonged to the
people of the Vandili (the Vandals). This mistake
probably was in existence also in the 6th Century AD.

The Eruli article is in English and if you can
receive .pdf-files I can send it to you electronically.
Unfortunately the map illustration is a little
unclear in the .pdf version.

Gothically

Bertil

> thanks for the literature reference. I would also be very interested
> to read your article on the Eruli, and indeed anything else that you
> may have published on the subject(in English and/or German). Is
> anything available on the internet? or could you give a full
> reference. Thanks a lot.

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"