R: R: [gothic-l] Gen. 3

M. Carver matt at INVISIONSTUDIOSINC.COM
Thu Oct 19 20:28:40 UTC 2000

on 10/19/00 8:10 AM, Giuseppe Pagliarulo at g.pagliarulo at tin.it wrote:

> I'd rather use adam. AFAIK Wulfila doesn't use the articuloid with
> indeclinable names, letting their case be deduced from the context.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Iosef Strawarila

Do you think that 'adam' has to be an indeclinable name? I can't find
evidence one way or the other that such names were declined. If no
articuloid and no inflexion is to be used, instances of the dative case
where the optional preposition du is applicable would necessarily employ it;
same for other optional prepositions.

Matþaius

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"