[gothic-l] Albareikis Poem

M. Carver matt at INVISIONSTUDIOSINC.COM
Fri Oct 27 19:11:32 UTC 2000

on 10/27/00 8:53 AM, sunburst at sunburst at jetstream.net wrote:

> Hails!
>
> I have a question.  Since I have heard nothing back for a while now on my
> latest Gothic poem of 39 lines, am I to assume that it is so filled with
> mistakes as to be uncritique-able, and not worth mention?
>
> Albareiks

I recall that I responded with some corrections but I don't know how many
other people on this list are ready for Gothic poetry in GAV yet or are
familiar enough with grammar to make for quick reading and sight correction.
I encountered similar lack of reaction to my work.  It seems many are more
learned on the subjects of history and culture and ethnic migration than
Gothic linguistics and this is where their interests lead them. This is not
bad in the least -- perhaps unfortunate. Sometimes posts might get lost in
the flurry of other threads as well, so it's always possible if you wish to
send posts to Gothic-l's sister list, Gutiska (on egroups), which accepts
only posts entirely composed in Gothic, these might call more attention.

Matþaius

eLerts