[gothic-l] Armalist

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Mon Oct 30 19:48:55 UTC 2000

Tim,

There is also the Armalist for people interested
in the Roman Army and arms. Sometimes I
participate just to annoy the admirers of the
Roman empire and its soldiers pointing out
how Germanic peoples successfully defeated
Roman legions in guerrilla warfare. Also how
Rome was sacked several times by Germanic
armies. It always causes a stir.

Gothically

Bertil

> There are two discussion forums devoted to the early Germanics that
> people may not be aware of.  One is the 'Varus' forum on my site
> 'Clades Variana'.  This group is specifically for the discussion of
> the Varus Film Project and so focuses on the Varian disaster, has a
> lot of discussion of the Roman Army and Empire and tends to discuss
> the western tribes of the early first century.  Most of the current
> regulars are Romanophiles, so some more people interested in the
> Germanic side of the story wouldn't be a bad thing.  The group can be
> found at:
>
> http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/76281

eLerts