[gothic-l] Gothic Origin

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Fri Sep 1 08:21:51 UTC 2000

Apply NOW!

Geatland could possibly be either Goetaland (the southernmost
region on the Scandinavian peninsula and one of the possible
original homes of the Goths) or Gotland, the island in the Baltic
Sea, another possible home of the Goths. In my opinion Gotland
could hardly be the only original home of the Goths. Thus the
original home is probably both. This makes it hard to say exactly
what Geatland refers to. More likely it is Goetaland as it was
here the struggle between Goetar and Svear took place.

Gothically

Bertil Haggman