[gothic-l] Goths in Ancient India

Brian Gendler gendler at ICDC.COM
Sat Sep 9 21:06:35 UTC 2000

Apply NOW!

  Somebody (I believe it was someone on this list, probably Bertil)
referenced an article in Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society (1912)
called "Goths in Ancient India" by Sten Konow. I checked it out and
found it quite interesting. My problem is that I have a problem trusting
anything like this written before the forties. Does anybody know if
anyone has looked into this since 1912, and come up with anything to
confirm or deny that the Gatas mentioned there may be the Goths on some
sort of trade or exploratory mission? The idea of Goths in India around
150 ce. is one I find quite interesting.
   Thanks in advance, I know its a long shot.
              B.R.Gendler