[gothic-l] Re: Pietroasa (correction)

czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Mon Apr 2 06:40:15 UTC 2001

Hails!

In my previous message I wrote from memory and later, checking what I
have posted, I found some inaccuracies.
It's about the finding from Chiojd. In fact, the exact name of the
village is Chiojdu, and it lies not in the Prahova county, but in the
Buzau county, the same county where also Pietroasa is located.
Moreover, Chiojdu is at the foot of the Siriu mountain, where the
"Caucaland" or "Highland" of the Visigoths was presumably located.
My confusion came from the fact that villages with related names
(Chiojd, Starchiojd, Chiojdeanca) are in the neighboring Prahova
county.
Second, at Chiojdu was found not a treasure, but a tomb with a rich
funeral inventory, which is attributed to an Ostrogothic princess of
the 5th century.
Sorry for my confusion.

Francisc

<> GUTANI WIHAILAG <>

Get great low international calling rates
from Net2Phone! Click Here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xnHDCB/kJXCAA/4ihDAA/wpHWlB/TM