[gothic-l] Ostrogothic or Visigothic Music- Visigothic Liturgy

sunburst sunburst at JETSTREAM.NET
Sat Apr 14 06:40:48 UTC 2001

>There is an  entry about the Visigothic Rite (Liturgy) at the Catholic
>Encyclopedia site :
>http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10611a.htm
>
>(which, by the way, cites a source which " dismisses the idea of any
>Oriental origin, and describes it as a purely Western rite", which
>developed in Spain during the time of the Spanish Visigothic Kingdom.)

That could very well be.  I guess it depends on who you ask: some have felt
it shows influence from the Byzantine liturgy.

>Excellent & good luck on this project. Of course when you are done you
>will post it here, no?

Thanks, and I do plan on posting my writings.

Albareiks