[gothic-l] Ostrogothic or Visigothic Music

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 14 15:26:40 UTC 2001

<<I think so, and the literary evidence would seem to indicate such.  As far
as I know, there are no archeological remains of harps that can be
attributed to the Goths, but maybe some day!

>What are the pieces on your CD about Albareiks?

My "Songs of the Elder Trow" CD sells for $14.  US:

http://www.mindspring.com/~boojum/galdorcraft.htm

They are produced by THEOD, which also therefore sets the price.  I can only
assume my Gothic release, when it is eventually released, will be in the
same price range.>>

This is a great site! I need to know though, for the purposes of my web page,
and for personal enjoyment, to what degree is the music on those CDs
authentic (by scholarly standards) and to what degree does it rely on
inspiration? Even traditions where we have a lot of evidence often require
much artistry to reconstruct in a recordable form, and I haven't the foggiest
idea how much evidence we have in the Germanic world beyond what you've told
me so far.

-JDM