[gothic-l] Re: Hey Bertil

lundmanner at YAHOO.COM lundmanner at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 20 22:40:51 UTC 2001

In *what way* would you say it's dated?

Would you say his works are still *relevant*?

Hans

--- In gothic-l at y..., Bertil Häggman <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Viktor Rydberg was a well-known Swedish poet, author
> and journalism professor who published extensively in
> the end of the 19th century. In the field of Germanic studies his
> best known work is _Undersoekningar i germanisk
> mythologi_ (1886-89). As a contribor to the Swedish
> National Encyclopedia I received an special edition
> of Rydberg's _Sagan om svaerdet_ (The Saga of
> the Sword, 75 short chapters, 220 pp) with the original
> manuscript text.
>
> Originally the text for _Segersvaerdet_
> (The Sword of Victory), published as a series of
> articles in "Ny svensk tidskrift" (1884), was believed to
> be identical to Rydberg's original manuscript.
> But it was not so. In the articles the text had
> ben condensed and changed. So the 1993 edition in
> fact was an until now unknown work by Rydberg.
> What I mean to say is that Rydberg is still published
> in Sweden although his research by now may
> be dated.
>
> Gothically
>
> Bertil
>
> > I'd just like to have your opinion on something if I may. How
would
> > you deem the credibility of *Den äldre medeltidens
kulturhistoria*
> > (in *Kulturhistoriska föreläsningar*) by Viktor Rydberg?

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/1rrVlB/TM