[gothic-l] Hey Bertil

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Sat Apr 21 07:15:18 UTC 2001

My edition of _Fornnordiskt lexikon_ is from 1983 (2nd ed).
Ohlmarks then hoped that the encyclopedia could
in some way be a modernized Swedish version of the old Johannes Hoops
_Reallexikon der germanischen Altertumskunde_. But I personally
don't think Ohlmarks is quite up to that standard.

In the 2nd ed. introduction there are no mentions of an English
or a French edition. Frankly I have never heard of such editions.

Gothically

Bertil

> With "caution" I suppose you mean Ohlmark basing a lot of his
> conclusions on educated guesses (right?). (Not that I have a problem
> with that, coming from someone who seems to know what he's talking
> about.)
>
> As far as I understand from his preface to *Fornnordiskt lexikon*,
> it's been published in English and German as well, but I'm not sure,
> do you know if it's so?
>
> (BTW, I'll be off the Net for a few days, just so you know in case
> you reply soon and I don't get back to you immediately.)

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/1rrVlB/TM