[gothic-l] Re: Ostrogothic or Visigothic Music

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 29 05:23:14 UTC 2001

In a message dated 4/28/01 6:35:15 PM, cstrohmier at yahoo.com writes:

<<  Fortunately about twenty musical pieces in a manuscript
called the Liber Ordinum were found; the Gothic neums had been
erased, and replaced with an Aquitanian system using diastematic
notation.  These melodies using the Aquitanian system were compared
with another manuscript of the Liber Ordinum which contained the same
melodies using the Gothic neums.    This made it possible to decode
the rest of the Gothic chants. >>

This is great! Do you know where this breakthrough was first published? I
could probably get my hands on the article from the local university library?

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/1rrVlB/TM