[gothic-l] J.Svennung.

Einar Birgisson einarbirg at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 2 14:47:27 UTC 2001

Hæ.

 J.Svennung seems to be touching on many interesting subjects in the
book; Jordanes und Scandia.
And Svennung´s writings can be described as very professional.

I seems to me that Svennung casts a rather positive light on both
Procopius and Jordanes writings.
He quotes from Book III,History of the wars, VI. xv. paragraph 1-30.
Everything about the midnight sun.And more. And he does not come with
any negative statements about this particular writings. At least I
can not notice that.

He talkes about Procop. writings where Procop. describes the travel
of the Heruli to Scandinavia.
And he is discussing why the Heruli traveled to that place. Possible
reasons. He says that they must have had a good reason.
And then he says;
Quote(page 183); Die natürlichste erklärung ist, dass sie zu ihrer
Urheimat zurückkehrten.
Translation; The most natural explanation is ,that they were going
back to their place of origin.
Well, Urheimat must be something like;place of origin,old homeland,a
place your ancestors left from etc.

Bless,bless. Einar.

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.