[gothic-l] Re: Names of Heruls

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Wed Dec 5 10:59:53 UTC 2001

> Dirk,
>
> Your problem above was just the reason for my advice in MSG 5131
> regarding this question: "Take your time". Remember our earlier
> letters and concentrate on the contemporary events in Procopius.

Troels,

why this patronising tone Troels?

> You
> are wasting our time attacking these non-committal characteristics
> with all these words.

Why don't you just stay out of the discussion if you feel you time is
wasted?

> This kind of smear-campaigns are usual in our
> time too. Furthermore I am not sure he was so wrong as you claim,
and
> actually the historians used similar descriptions of the Vikings 500
> years later - I shall spare you to use this similarity as an
argument
> against you.

How merciful!

> Please notice: I am not asking for a description of the midnightsun,
> I am asking for THIS description of the midnightsun.

I think you really need to clarify your questions a bit. What
description of 'the' midnightsun as opposed to 'this' midnightsun are
you talking about?

One suggestion, if you can't discuss in a amicalbe or at least neutral
way, why don't you just stay out of it completely?

cheers,

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here