[gothic-l] Re: Names of Heruls

troels_brandt trbrandt at POST9.TELE.DK
Wed Dec 5 17:55:40 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:

> I think you really need to clarify your questions a bit. What
> description of 'the' midnightsun as opposed to 'this' midnightsun
are
> you talking about?
>
> One suggestion, if you can't discuss in a amicalbe or at least
neutral
> way, why don't you just stay out of it completely?

Dirk,

Thank you - I will, as you do not answer the question - but actually
this thread was started by me, as I had a question regarding names. I
got some useful answers from other listmembers until our usual
discussion started.

Maybe I acted too fast when you turned up, but I knew your purpose
and your fast conclusions, as we have discussed the same problems at
two other lists before. The Herulian archaeology, which you soon
started in a new thread, is a another part of this "dance" in circles.

The background for the Scandinavian societies and kingdoms - and
consequently also the possibilities around Heruls - has been my hobby
for many years. I do not understand the character of your focus on
Procopius, but the Heruls have been a part of your crusade against
Scandinavian theories since the answer you got from Andreas Schwarcz
in February.

In politics it is an accepted tactic to repeat the same claim (true
or not) again and again - or to neglect a question. In my world you
return a reply or two, and if you are not able to convince your
counterpart, there is no reason to continue if new aspects are not
presented and you know other ways to spend your time.

I admit that it is often temptating not to withdraw from an open
discussion, but people reading these lists are able to make their own
judgement. In this case I decided many letters ago to leave the
thread except for one new question brought up by Einar, which could
show the background for your claims. In 7 letters Tore and I tried to
keep you on the track - you can't misunderstand the question. I give
up, as I have realised, that this is your way to avoid to answer.

Troels

PS!
I have no further comments to your thread "Heruls and Archaeology"
(maybe you should delete Heruls) except regarding "Since you are a
Swede in Sweden" in MSG 5166, which I have tried to explain to you
twice before: The Danmark where I live is not a town in Sweden,
although you have heard about such a place near Uppsala.

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here
http://us.click.yahoo.com/75YKVC/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM