[gothic-l] Re: Attila

babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU
Sun Feb 11 22:23:24 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., "Le Bateman" <LeBateman at N...> wrote:
> Yes I believe his name was Theodoric King of the Visigoths he
demanded the
> return of his daughter Lydia or Lygia which had been raised by
Attus the
> Roman Commander played by Powers Booth (he looked on her as his
daughter) in
> return for an Alliance with Rome against Attila. The Romans
assassinated
> Theodoric according to the plot and blamed it on Attila. Theodoric'
son
> rallied the Goths and both defeated Attila.  I like Sign of the
Cross with
> Palance and Chandler better. Palance looked more like a Hun than
the new
> Attila. He looked Chinese in his attire.
I agree, Jack Palance looked much more like I would imagine Attila to
have been. I believe the film was actually called "Sign of the Pagan"
(Am I showing my age?)  From memory, I don't believe it was any more
accurate than the current version.  But, eh, why let historical
accuracy get in the way of a good story!
Cheers,
Brian

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details