[gothic-l] Re: Germanic and Lappish / Saami

sig sigmund at ALGONET.SE
Wed Jan 17 20:27:16 UTC 2001

Sorry Matþaius,

 However, we are discussing the peribaltic history and possible
origin of the Germanics, which of course includes the Gothic
origin, both its genesis as a people and as a language. I have a
hard time separating Gothic issues from Germanic ones, even with a
Gothic-L emphasis on language--inevitably sooner or later
migrations and influences of other kinds will pop up in the
discussion as long as Gothic-L doesn't specify expressly that it's
limited to linguistic problems in the narrower sense.

But, agreed, this thread may be somewhat tangential. Let's see.

Seigmundr