[gothic-l] Re: Runic Influences

sig sigmund at ALGONET.SE
Fri Jan 19 12:41:54 UTC 2001

Hello,

 We had this debate quite recently (it could have been on
Germanic-L) and the thread kept on for a long time. But it went
mors subita after an italian input. Are you here?

Anyway, if I remember this right Italian scholars have interpreted
it long ago something like this=>

HARIGASTI = gen. of name Harigast
TEI = under the military (?) command of Teus (gen. Tei)
VA = Fifth (V) cavalry (A = alani) regiment

Something like that. No Odin, no. No Harii, No Harudi. :<( Drab,
huh?

Sig