[gothic-l] Re: Runic Influences

Francisc Czobor czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Fri Jan 19 10:34:38 UTC 2001

I remember that I have read somewhere that the oldest known Germanic
inscription (dating from 3th century B.C., if I'm not wrong) is
HARIGASTI TEIWA, in Etruscan scipt, written on some object (helmet, or
horn?), found somewhere in Austria (or North Italy ?).
Sorry, but I can remember exactly only the content of that
inscription.

Francisc