[gothic-l] Jutland (was Beowulf and the Geats)

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Sun Jan 21 21:31:38 UTC 2001

Anthony,

Interesting contribution not only the sentences
provided underneath but the whole context.
I think it is excellent that Jutland has become
part of this exchange. Personally I prefer the historical
context, not the linguistic in this case. Have
always wondered what Jutish influence remains
in southern England, where they were supposed
to have settled after migrating from their ancestral
land. Maybe Soeren have some views here?

But now we are of course on a subject
better suited for Germanic-L, so I am sending
a copy.

Gothic-Germanically

Bertil