[gothic-l] Jutland (was Beowulf and the Geats)

Philip Rusche ruschep at NEVADA.EDU
Mon Jan 22 01:43:20 UTC 2001

There are some articles by Elmar Seebold (I think) on the supposed survival
of Jutish dialect in Kent in the Anglo-Saxon period.  I am not necessarily
convinced that the words he discusses need be Jutish, but it is possible.  I
don't see offhand how this could be confirmed though, unless there is a body
of early continental Jutish texts.  I have a few copies of them around.  If
anyone is interested, let me know offlist and I will be happy to find them
and give references.

Philip Rusche

to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.