[gothic-l] Re: Dirk... Jim

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Fri Jul 6 14:36:21 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., Nikolai <gothologist at y...> wrote:

> Wilkommen, Herr Hurley. May you find that which you seek.
>

> Dirk!!!
> Is there an englisch version of Hachmann's?
>
> And does anyone know if there is an elnglisch version of
> Pritsak's, as well?
>
> Danke.

Hi Nikolai,

I don't think that there is an English verion of Hachmann's book.
However, his research, especially the archaeological studies can also
be found in recent publications by Prof. Dr. Tadeusz Makiewicz of
Posnan on the Wilbark culture and  Marek Oledzki of Lodz Uni. on the
Przeworsk culture and its link with the Wilbark culture. Most of their
 publications are in Polish and German, but especially Makiewicz has
also published in English.

Hachmann's analysis of the Scandza topos is to some degree reflected
in the writing by Walter Goffart.

cheers,
Dirk