[gothic-l] Old Nordic, Gothic and Old Gutnish

keth at ONLINE.NO keth at ONLINE.NO
Mon Jul 9 23:36:17 UTC 2001

Bertil Häggman wrote:

>My personal opinion is that Old Gutnish may be the
>missing link. Not identical with Gothic but an
>East Scandinavian language that cannot be placed
>with the North Germanic languages.

That is odd, because there is an old gutnish text
that is sometimes used for course work in Old Norse
as example of an East Norse text. And to me it seems
to be just like Old Norse, except for some differences
in spelling.

I will try to type up the example and submit it to
the list, so that we can look at it together and
see whether you agree with me or not.

Best regards
Keth