[gothic-l] Re: Old Nordic, Gothic and Old Gutnish

Francisc Czobor czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Fri Jul 13 08:08:31 UTC 2001

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your very interesting contribution.

--- In gothic-l at y..., thomas.gahm at t... wrote:
> So, I would say that Francisc has provided with some good and
> interesting information about the lingustic connection between
Gothic
> and Gutnish as have other members.

I only presented the facts that I have found. Principially, I am not
pro, nor contra the closer relationship of Gutnish and Gothic. But
unfortunately, as you say, the facts are suggesting that Gutnish is
rather Scandinavic than Gothic. The few characters found in Gutnish
that seem to be common with Gothic could be explained by considering
Gutnish as an East Scandinavic language with Gothic substratum.

Francisc