[gothic-l] Der Neue Pauly

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Thu Jul 19 17:47:45 UTC 2001

Esteemed listmembers,

Not so long ago I had the pleasure of introduce a link
to the new edition of Hoops Encyclopedia on the list.
Here is som information that might of interest concerning
another encyclopedia in Germany republished:

Hubert Cancik und Helmuth Schneider (Hrsg.)
unter Mitarbeit von 700 Wissenschaftlern aus 25 Ländern
DER NEUE PAULY
Enzyklopädie der Antike in 15 Bänden
12 Bände Altertum A bis Z, 3 Bände Rezeption A bis Z.
DM 348,- pro Band. Lieferbar: Band 1 bis 10 und Band
13 und 14. Pflichtfortsetzung.
1996-2002. Ca. 9000 Seiten
Verlag J.B. Metzler
(4176,00 DM; 30485,00 öS; 3678,00 sFr)
ISBN: 3-476-01470-3

As you see 12 volumes are dedicated to classical antiquity
and 3 additional volumes to reception history. Publication has
reacjed the letter K and the whole work should be completed
by 2002.

The Old Pauly was completed in 1980 with an amazing 68
volumes, 15 volumes of additions with over 1,000 scientific
contributor.

Unfortunately there are no equivalents in my opinion to Hoops
and Pauly in English.

Gothically

Bertil