[gothic-l] The Goths, Gutland (Gutones) and the Guta Saga

bertil mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Fri Jun 8 06:26:05 UTC 2001

Tore,

In my opinion the lack of an English translation
of the Guta Saga is a serious problem. If a project to further the study of the possible relation between the
Gutar and the Crimean Goths is to be undertaken
it is necessary for purposes of international
information to have an English translation available.

A German translation is fine and I think listmembers
could possibly be interested in knowing where that
translation into German may be found. At any rate
I would be.

Also an agreed terminilogy would be fine. What would in your opinion be the most suitable term for the Old language
of Gutland in English?

Gothically

Bertil