[gothic-l] Gutland, Goths and Crimea

bertil mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Wed Jun 13 08:03:32 UTC 2001

Esteemed listmembers and all who participate in the thread on Gutland and the Goths,

The Rev. Neogard and His ”Gautaminning”

In _Gotlaendsk ordbok_ Herbert Gustavson mentions Rev.
Neogard on Gutland and his important dictionary
Gautaminning, (over 2,000 manuscript pages exist in
archives in Sweden) which is a thorough investigation
of the connections between Gutnish and Gothic.

Neogard’s dictionary is in urgent need of publication
these days when the Gutland-Crimean Gothia connection
once again widely debated with an extended commentary.
Can we hope for help from our Norwegian friends?

At Stockholm Castle is presently an exhibition _Gaavor
fraan Oesterland_, royal gifts from the
East for the Swedish king including the display of a
diamond studded arrow quiver from The Crimean Khanate in
the 17th century, a gift from a Crimean delegation in
Stockholm. There were not only Gutlandish contacts
beginning with the migration of Goths from Gutland
around 300 BC but then trading, Vikings, Gutnish and
Swedish contacts with the Crimean Khanate.

Will return both with additional material on Rev. Neogard
and his dictionary as well as further information on
Swedish-Crimean Khanate contacts throughout history.

Copyright Bertil Haggman 2001

Gothically

Bertil