[gothic-l] The Goths, Gutland (Gutones) and the Guta Saga

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Thu Jun 14 04:01:44 UTC 2001

Anders,

Thank you not for trying to put the label "Swedish dialect"
on Scanian.

Gothically

Bertil

But anyway, I agree that there are very much in the gutamål that I
wouldn't understand. But I think it's the same with many other north
germanic dialects/languages (some extinct though) E. g.the Älvdalsmål,
the Blekinge Archipelago Dialect ( I think my mother has some tapes
of it still, I'm from Karlskrona) and nearly all norweigan dialects.
On the other hand I think i understand norweigan bokmål so-so, "State
Danish" very well, and have you heard people from Bornholm speak?
It's nearly swedish, actually:-].